Thursday, December 8, 2011

7. Dicembre 2011: Che Finalone

As the program comes to a close, Italy becomes more surreal. I pass Santa Maria Novella and the Duomo and the Ponte Vecchio and cannot fully comprehend that I have been living here for the past three and half months. I have grown significantly as a person here and Florence, Italy will always hold a bit of my heart. Tonight was a last supper of sorts. It was the last official time when all of us in the ACM program would be together. First came the art show. The piece they chose to display for me was my Ecstasy of Santa Teresa. It was seen by all of our art teachers, the ACM directors, all of the host families and our Italian teachers. I finally got Stefano out from behind a camera…he was not happy about his picture being taken but he eventually managed a smile.
 We all traipsed over the Arno to the Osteria where we ate our first two meals in Florence. I ate the most delicious lasagna I’ve ever had and when the waitress asked if I want more, I nodded, making the waitress laugh in shock. Apparently she wasn’t expecting our entire table to want seconds. Throughout the night, some tears were shed, songs were sung and speeches were made. It was a very sweet last supper.

But now is no time for nostalgia! I’ve got to buckle down and study today.
Oh, and here is my final drawing (I forgot to include it in yesterday’s post). Note that she no longer looks like a zombie.

No comments:

Post a Comment