Saturday, December 3, 2011

3. Dicembre 2011: Academia

I spent all of today writing my final paper for my art history class, so this post will not be very exciting. I did, however, take a break to visit the Christmas market in Santa Croce once again. I went to have some delicious German food for lunch with Kari—both of us have become obsessed with this market. The tables were crazy crowded so as soon as I saw one free up, I grabbed it. That meant that one of us had to save the table while the other went to get food. Of course, I volunteered to stand in line. When I finally got up to the vendor I ordered: “Ein wuerst senza sauerkraut e ein brezeln…per favore.” In my defense, it is very confusing to order food from a country of whose language you are fluent in a different language where you do not know the language nearly as well. The vendor raised an eyebrow at me and said, “Oui, mademoiselle.” No, he did not speak French, he was just mocking me. Both of us laughed at how ridiculous I had just made myself look.
 Then…back to the paper!
Did I mention the Burlesconi Russian stacking doll they were selling at the market? And as soon as I got kicked out of the school building (it closes at 6) I found myself in a torrential downpour with no umbrella.
Thirteen pages later…I’m done with my paper! My soundtrack for the day (a wonderful suggestion from my dear Joseph) was that for the B-movie “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Undead.” The movie looks awful but the soundtrack is a wonderfully eerie instrumental accompaniment for zombie Hamlet by Sean Lennon, the son of John and Yoko.
Alright, time for bed. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment