Wednesday, December 21, 2011

21. December 2011: Feed Me!

Strange occurrence to have two posts in one day but this dinner definitely merits a post of its own. Possibly the best dinner I've ever had. Something I love about German food is that it's pretty much all comfort food; carbs, meat and beer. What could get any better than that? So of course, I was on a quest for great wienerschnitzel this time. The last time I was in Germany was nine years ago with my family and we traveled through Germany, Austria and Switzerland looking for the best brezeln (I think we decided on Austria, right?). Anyways, I didn't get wienerschnitzel but I did get schweinerschnitzel. The difference is just that instead of the traditional breaded veal, you get breaded pork instead. It's not the tradition, but it was DELICIOUS. Sehr lecker.
 A great beer--dark weissbier that has a nice sweetness to it.
SCHWEINEWURST! Mit kartoffeln und champignon. Sehr sehr sehr sehr lecker.
Am letzten--a heavier weissbier. Also good but I preferred the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment