Monday, December 26, 2011

26. December 2011: Monkeys Uptown

I hope all of my beautiful readers had a wonderful Christmas or at least celebrated the winter solstice to your satisfaction. We ended up following a bit of a different tradition than I am used to because the Chinese restaurant was pretty much the only one open that you didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for. We were sitting next to another American couple--one of which was wearing an Appalachian State football shirt which prompted me to start a conversation (one of my most beautiful cousins is an App State alum).
Anyways, today is another holiday in Italy so once again, we didn't get to do too much. The Uffizi, to our surprise, was open so we sneaked in to see some Botticelli. I acted as tour guide with my one-person tour group. It was a lot of fun.
Then, a glorious (almost apocalyptic) sunset...this photo is unedited
We wandered through the city and had a delicious gnocchi-filled meal before heading to bed to get rid of this sicky sicky bug once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment