Wednesday, December 7, 2011

6. Dicembre 2011: My Head Feels Like A Frisbee

Two classes down, one to go! This past week has been ridiculously busy. After all of my time working on Saturday I spent five hours on Sunday doing another photo shoot. It was pouring down rain so we did a studio shoot. Stefano, his girlfriend (from Germany) and I had a lot of fun speaking a mix of Italian, German and English all afternoon. His girlfriend, Anne, makes truly beautiful modern jewelry that I got to model at the end of the day. If I had a thousand dollars I would buy everything in her collection. In fact, if I had any money left in my bank account I would settle for just one piece. But, alas, poor me, my Christmas present is travelling around Europe with a wonderful boy starting on Saturday. Isn’t life rough?
Ok, beyond the sarcasm though, here is Anne’s website if you want to check out any of her pieces. (If you want to buy anything, shoot her an email!)
http://www.auri-jewellery.com/
Hopefully Stefano will give me some of his edited photos soon and I’ll post them when I get them.
After a fun afternoon I finished my presentation on Benozzo Gozzoli’s frescoes in the Chapel of the Magi which I presented on Monday. Then I spent Tuesday sitting in 6 and a half hours of presentations…four hours of Dante and two and half of Medici patronage. Next finished was Drawing at Charles Cecil studios. I managed to turn my zombie nude into a drawing that I’m proud of and which bears a striking facial resemblance to the model. In fact, during break she stopped at my drawing and told me that my drawing felt real. I was incredibly flattered.
Tonight I celebrated with a trip to the Florence Opera’s performance of Il Barbiere di Siviglia. The pseudo-Baroque, Dr. Suess costumed spectacle was beautiful to look at but the singing was definitely subpar. I was most disappointed with the orchestra which played a sad version of my favorite overture of all time. Oh well. As my mom says, Florence is known for its art, not its opera.

Tomorrow I will spend packing (what?!), studying for my Medici exam and preparing for my art show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment