Tuesday, December 13, 2011

13. Dicembre 2011: Paris Holds The Key To Your Heart

Oh to recount the goings on of today...I feel like most of my blog posts will be narrations of whirlwinds. It is rainy here in Paris but the temperature isn't terrible. The fashion here is much more slick and chic than Italy but it's not nearly as expressive. We started our day by trying to figure out Metro tickets with a couple of British women, made it in to downtown Paris and got a bagel and cream cheese (I've missed those in Italy). Then we walked down to the Louvre to discover that it was closed for the day. Can't figure out why, though maybe it has something to do with the Pakistani president being in town. What president wouldn't want a private tour of the Louvre? Anyways, we'll return tomorrow but the architecture was still incredible to behold from the outside.
We wandered along the Seine in the Rain and stumbled upon a very frightening demonstration. There were many workers with signs and even more policemen with intimidating guns. We asked one of these policemen what was going on and he explained in broken English that they were workers striking...very informative. So we continued towards the Eiffel Tower and passed a really cool building with plants growing out of the walls.
The Eiffel Tower was surprisingly awesome to behold. There were not many tourists around (it being December) and it was quite pleasant to just sit and gaze at. From there, we walked through the Paris Modern Art Museum (accidentally) and Christmas market on the Champs D'Elysee. Behind the famous obelisk there was a celebratory ferris wheel that reminded me of the London Eye along the Thames. The sky was a beautiful purple at twilight but that was when the night took a turn for the worse.
I needed to find internet so that I could attend a design meeting for Twelfth Night (the show I am designing at Knox when I return this winter) via Skype so we visited a Starbucks. I was so engrossed in my meeting that my purse was stolen from right underneath me. Luckily, the only thing of value in my purse was my camera. Unfortunately...my camera was in my purse. Memories stay in my head forever but it would have been nice to still have some of those photographic preservations. Oh well. Tomorrow, I will get a new camera and photos will be posted. Until then, I hope you are all faring better than I am and here's to a better tomorrow. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment