Sunday, November 6, 2011

5. Novembre 2011: Old Friends/Bookends

Remember, Remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot
I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot
I love that little poem…it reminds me of my amazing time in London, one of my favorite movies (V for Vendetta) and my favorite play (Equivocation by Bill Cain). It doesn’t have anything to do with this post, it just happens to be the fifth of November.
That was a fitting introduction for what will be a quick and uneventful post. We are now at the 2/3 mark of the ACM Florence Program! There are still so many moments that I remember that I am living in Italy and can’t really believe it. I spent this weekend in Florence walking around and visiting places that I can’t really get enough of. I read Dante’s Purgatorio outside the Palazzo Pitti and finished my sketching homework in the Galleria dell’Costume. I saw Michelangelo’s David again (no, it never gets old) then I showed one of my best friends around my temporary home and realized how much I know about the history of Florence. It was quite exciting and I hope Meghna enjoyed my endless historical babbling.

Aaand I finished my homework for the weekend! Like I said, not the most exciting weekend but I had to post on November fifth. Oh, and yesterday I saw someone at the bus stop holding a Rice University tote bag, Dad! Alrighty, I promise a more exciting post soon. Next weekend, I’m off to the Netherlands so it’s bound to be eventful. Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment